Sunday, 15 March 2015

De-stress and #SlowDownZindagi

   In a world as competitive as ours, stress is something that one cannot evade. Whether it's the tension of the next board meeting, that of excelling in our studies or that of preparing a grand dinner for guests arriving in the house, we have all encountered stress and bucked down under it's pressure.
   So here are my top five ways of giving stress the boot, to #SlowDownZindagi and de-stress:

   1. Sitcoms: When I am stressed I cannot concentrate properly and as a result cannot get much constructive work done so I veg out in front of the idiot box or go on a marathon of my favorite sitcoms. Drama, thriller, romance and comedy - Whatever the genre be, it helps me take off my mind of my worries and relax a little. Have completed many a series like this - Two and a half men, How I met your mother, The big bang theory, Friends, Modern Family, Dexter, Castle, Criminal Minds,  Sherlock, Sex and the city, Desperate Housewives.. The list goes on and on!

   2. Listening to songs: Listening to my favorite tunes makes me forget the reality and takes me to a completely different world free from tension, worries and stress! The tunes may vary from fast and loud tracks to sweet, slow and romantic ones, but the effect that they have on me is always the same - A much relaxed and calmer me!
To quote a song by Natasha Bedingfield -
"There's a place that I go,
That nobody knows.
Where the rivers flow,
And I call it home.
And there's no more lies.
In the darkness, there's light.
And nobody cries.
There's only butterflies." 
- Pocketful Of Sunshine.

   3. Spending time with loved ones: Family, friends, your significant other or your pet - spend time with whoever hears about your problems, makes you smile, cherishes your presence in their lives  and makes you feel awesome and awesome about yourself!

   4. Go on a mini vacation: A weekend getaway to a nearby hill station or a break from routine household chores by checking in a resort is a good way to beat the stress. For us lucky Mumbaikars and Puneiites - Matheran, Khandala, Lonavala and Mahabaleshwar to name a few are hill stations just a few hours away! And for when one gets long weekends off, Goa is never too far away!

   5. Getting massages: For me, this is by far the most effective way of de-stressing and one of the best feelings in the world I have felt yet! It soothes my tired muscles and aches. What can be better than getting a nice full body massage followed by a nap to sleep through the stress and wake up refreshed and raring to go!


   'I am going to try a new quick way to De-stress & #SlowDownZindagi using Parachute Advansed Aromatherapy Oil in association with BlogAdda'
   Also, I would love to know how you guys relieve stress in your lives. Do answer as the best comment will win a voucher!

14 comments:

  1. I play wid my 2 yr old son...we go out in d park. Play football, slide n swing,feed dogs n puppies... smile n laugh n so feel so relaxed. A break frm regular household chores n 4 walls is so needed. Thats totally our mother son time n i cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must feel great! I too just love playing with and cuddling little kids!

      Delete
  2. Another thing i do is call up friends n chat wid thm abt our hostel days..crazy stuff we did 😂😂 reliving those moments infuses a new energy in me .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved back to my parent's place after spending almost 5 and a half years in a hostel just last March! Can relate to the nostalgia of good times spent together without worrying about the world and late night gossip sessions!

      Delete
  3. Well for me, Transcendental meditation do the trick. I get to experience a profound sense of rest in the process.When I had my first meditation, this inner bliss revealed itself so powerfully – thick happiness came rushing in. And I said, 'This is it.' There it was. And everything just started getting better – way more fun, way more joy in the doing… And it just seems natural! So, whenever I am depressed, exhausted, feeling low, knackered, I meditate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself have never tried mediating.. Will give it a try for sure!

      Delete
  4. #SlowDownZindagi Nothing alleviates my stress like Books. A flight to fantasyland helps me cope up the monotonous & mundane reality. For me ,Reading isn't just an hobby, its my passion, a mode of survival which gives me an illusion of safety making me sublimely happy. When reality doesn't make sense,& my train of thought seems derailed, a trip to the land of fiction is all I need to get myself destressed & back on track. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agreed! Nothing makes a better companion than a good book!

      Delete
  5. Lovely post girlie. I destress by:
    -Taking beach vacations
    -Shopping
    -Gossip with girl frens
    -shopping
    -DIY nail-art
    Read in detail on my blog. Link is: http://www.sosaree.in/2015/03/slowdownzindagi-with-parachute.html

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aditi! I too am a complete beach baby! And which woman can ever say no to shopping!

      Delete
  6. When stress enters in your life then your mind always first left you alone and a powerful negative thought's ring make a circle around you.
    We will rush to those things which gives us peace or keep you in calm.
    My colourful threads always give me peace of mind and directed me towards positive thing and creates a peaceful ring around me.
    Yes, I am talking about embroidery I love to do this as my hobby, my passion and destressing activity.

    My second option to destress the life is capturing birds in my camera. Bird watching and taking pictures of them always my favorite destressing activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embroidering is a great way to de-stress and gives ample time to ponder over one's thoughts! Also, you end up making pretty things! So it's a complete win-win!

      Delete
  7. Playing with children tops my chart as their happy smiles make me forget everything.
    Blogging gives me happiness to know I have impacted some one in any way possible.
    Teaching and learning from my students things that I could never imagine.
    I shall try out your massage technique soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one in my family has small kids to play with! Couldn't be more sad! :(

      Delete