Wednesday, 18 November 2015

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event


   MyGlamm, the on-demand hair, beauty and glamm services providers organized a blogger meet up on 17th October, 2015 at their incubation centre in Lower Parel for a few special ladies and I was amongst the ones who received the invite for the same. Their invite promised us of an afternoon where we would be pampered by their stylists and beauticians and of games, fun and frolic, to which I happily and eagerly RSVPed with a positive reply!

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

   The incubation centre of MyGlamm is located in an industrial area in Lower Parel on eastern side of the railway line, a mere 15 minute walk from the railway station. The interior of their headquarters has been designed tastefully and has a stark contrast to offices and industries in its surrounding area. One part of their incubator hosts the customer service team which is responsible for taking appointments from customers, another where beauticians and stylists from the MyGlamm team were attending a class to learn new techniques while the rest of the part was divided into small areas - One against the wall where we could get our hair styled, a small desk where nail art was being done and another where we could get our feet pampered by foot massages and pedicures. Apart from this, arrangements were also made so that we could get our pictures taken with quirky props once we were done with our makeovers.

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

    After reaching the venue and greeting my hosts and fellow bloggers, I quickly made my way to the hair styling area, eager to get my hair styled. I was asked for my hair styling preference, and as I already had plans to go out in the evening after the event, I decided to get an elaborate hair makeover done. The hairstylist was professional, swift and very good at his work. He first used curling tongs to curl my hair followed by teasing a few strands in my crown area to provide hair volume to create a small beehive. He kept bangs in front keeping my broad forehead in mind. The end result of all his handwork was a completely different and a much more fabulous looking me!  

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

   Next, after my hair makeover and a bit of catching up with my blogger friends, I got nail art done on my fingernails. The beautician started with filing and buffing my fingernails to give them an oval shape. I chose a coral shade as the base color for my nails from a huge variety of shades. After two coats of Nubar - Palau Coral - 35 nail enamel, the beautician applied a coat of a silver glitter nail enamel on distal half of my nails and sealed the design with a coat of clear nail enamel giving my nails a pop of color and a dash of sparkle.

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

   Many of my blogger friends also got to treat themselves to a relaxing foot massage followed by a pedicure, something that even I wanted to give a try, but sadly couldn't due to time constraint.
   Hours passed while us girls got our glam on and chatted to our hearts content, and soon it was time for us to eat to satiate our hunger. Being the ever hungry people that we are, we gulped down the very delicious paneer appetizer, the pasta and the garlic bread with glasses of coke to quench our thirst.

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

   The next session was that of creative games. We first played fashion pictionary, a game much like dum sheras wherein we were supposed to clue in our teammates using our drawing skills, rather than acting the word out. We truly had loads of fun, guessing words like - Coco Chanel, MyGlamm, vanity, blow dry, little black dress and many more. Next, was a trivia quiz where we had to find answers to the questions asked to us by referring to the social media pages of MyGlamm and tweet the same on their twitter page. These games proved quite lucky for me, as my team ended up winning both these games!

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event

   After an evening full of pampering and fun, we ended the day on a high note by taking group pictures with all those who were present and collecting our winnings for the games played. Each one of us bloggers was made to pick up a folded piece of paper inscribed with names of different beauty services from a bowl, and were given a free voucher for the service whose name we pulled out. I received a voucher for the Moroccan Express Hair Spa treatment, something that my hair desperately needs, making me do a happy dance in my mind!! We also received yummy chocolates as take away gifts, sweet delights to cherish the sweet moments spent at the MyGlamm Brunch Up Bloggers Event. And with this, we bid adieu to the MyGlamm team who hosted the lovely event and made our way out of the incubator all glammed up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment